About Michael Culler
When it comes to your finances, communication is everything.
People like to know
What is it like working with you?
I try and treat people the way I would want to be treated. People come to see me and are very often panicked and scared. The key for me is to be sure a client understands how bankruptcy works and how I can help them. I spend as much time as a client wants explaining and answering questions. Information is a powerful thing. It makes people feel like they are in control and not just lost and in trouble.
Will you return my calls and emails?
More often than not once I start working on a case I will give the client my cell phone number. Communicating is a key in all law, but especially in Bankruptcy because of Federal Court deadlines and possible contact by creditors. If you need to talk, we will talk, regardless of the day or time. I will also respond to emails you may send within the same day if at all possible.
People say I’m a stickler for?
Making sure you understand how this process works. You won’t be meeting a paralegal, you will meet with me. We will talk as long as we need to be sure you know the way this can help you.
I went into private practice in 2008 and have focused on Bankruptcy.
I have been practicing bankruptcy and debt law for more than ten years.
I have helped hundreds (100’s) of people through the process of reorganizing their debts, and if necessary, setting up a repayment plan they can afford.
Academics & Achievements
Outside of Work
- I am a Furman University graduate and got my law degree at South Carolina.
- I was the Chief Public Defender for Orangeburg County for 18 years and was appointed by both Governor Hodges and Sanford to the South Carolina Indigent Board. I also served on the statewide board of the South Carolina Criminal Defense Association.
- I am a member of the South Carolina Bar and the South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association.
- I am a big college sports fan and usually in a stadium on Saturdays in the Fall.
- I read a lot, mostly non-fiction and spend time with my wife Gayle.
Note: The back lot is for parking. The entrance is in the rear.
* The Rules of Professional Conduct require disclosure that this is a “Testimonial” about the attorney. Please be aware that any result achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
“Definitely worth every Penny. Michael helped me get everything together so the process was an absolute breeze. And it was a stress free process and his staff is very helpful as well.”
“What an amazing Law Firm! There are not enough thank yous, for everything they did for us! They treated us like family and were always there in a moments notice! We will never use another attorney after our experience with the team. They took our situation and made it theirs and cared so incredibly much. If you need an amazing attorney and team, you will not go wrong with them!”
Associations & Affiliations
From time to time we join associations that we feel support our core values.
Proud Member of NACBA
National Association for Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
From its earliest days, NACBA has devoted enormous energy to protecting and enhancing the rights of consumer bankruptcy debtors by getting involved in legislative efforts to change the Bankruptcy Code.
Clients Are Like Family
Although it sounds cliche, when it comes to working with clients facing financial challenges, a strong bond based on mutual reciprocity and trust naturally develops.
3 Steps to see if we can help:
1. Schedule appointment 2. Discuss your situation 3. Decide to work together