Bankruptcy Lawyer Myrtle Beach, SC
YES! I’M READY TO SPEAK WITH AN ATTORNEY.
Filing for bankruptcy halts foreclosure proceedings, which gives you and your attorney time to negotiate with the lender.
Stop Bill Collectors
Filing bankruptcy will stop bill collectors calling you, harrassing you and using intimidating tactics against you.
Filing bankruptcy stops a lender from repossessing your car. The courts put an “automatic stay” in place and this stops collectors in their tracks.
* The Rules of Professional Conduct require disclosure that this is a “Testimonial” about the attorney. Please be aware that any result achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
Definitely worth every Penny. Michael helped me get everything together so the process was an absolute breeze. And it was a stress free process and his staff is very helpful as well.
I had an amazing experience with this firm!! They took care of any and all questions I had and was always willing to work with me. Highly recommend it!!
I am pleased with the professionalism, and attentive service that has been, and currently being provided to me, from the staff as well as the Attorney Culler.
Consider a Myrtle Beach bankruptcy lawyer with years of experience helping clients get back on their feet by reorganizing their debts through the process of bankruptcy.
Perhaps you’ve lost your job, the bills are piling up, or even worse, you had a medical emergency that your insurance company refused to cover and now you’re strapped financially. What’s more, creditors may be calling you, sending you letters and threatening to take you to court if you don’t pay.
Whatever the case, we understand the stress you’re experiencing and we’re here to help!
Although we are a bankruptcy law firm, we understand that every situation is unique and filing bankruptcy is not the answer for everyone. We also understand that you will need help to determine if bankruptcy is the best option for you given your circumstances.
If however we determine that filing bankruptcy is the best option for you, we will be able to help you stop the phone calls, stop the harassment by your creditors, get out from under your crushing debt, and start fresh with a clean slate.
Here’s what we’ll do.
- When you contact us, we will schedule you a time to speak with Myrtle Beach Bankruptcy Attorney Michael Culler; this can be over the phone or in person at the office, if we need to, we can come to you. Attorney Michael Culler and his staff are very familiar with Bankruptcy Law and can answer any questions that may come up.
- During your Consultation, Michael will evaluate your situation and determine if Bankruptcy is a viable solution for you. If so, he will then determine if Chapter 7 or 13 is better for you based on your situation and Rules of the Bankruptcy Court.
- Once the route to your financial future is chosen, we will give you a list of documents that we will need to help put your case together. (What documents are needed are determined on a case-to-case basis.) We will also go over your assets, income, expenses, and most importantly your debt!
- During this meeting Attorney Michael Culler we will call your harassing creditors and let them know you are retained and all further contact should be directed to us.
- Once the documents have been received and the information has been gathered to compile your case, we will then have you review the documents to check for errors. (We are only human and who knows your life better than you do?)
- Then your case is filed, and a Case Number is immediately issued. This puts in place what the Court refers to as the “Automatic Stay” which is a fancy way of saying, your creditors are prohibited from contacting you for any reason and ALL foreclosure proceedings, Hearings/Court Cases with Creditors, repossessions will cease immediately! We can also recover your vehicle, if it has been repossessed but not yet sold at auction.
Myrtle Beach Bankruptcy Attorney at Culler Law Firm has represented hundreds of people who have suffered due to financial instability.
Want to stop foreclosure, stop repossessions, deal with back rent and tax debt? Personal debt relief is what we do, and we will do everything legally and ethically within our power to ensure that you get the debt relief you need. Your bankruptcy attorney has the experience that you need to successfully file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy and start fresh without creditors hounding your every step.
You might be wondering… What will this cost me??
Bankruptcy should make your financial situation better, not worse which is why we offer affordable representation, flexible payment plans according to your needs and reasonable fees.
Fees are based on the type of bankruptcy you file and the complexity of your case, and attorney fees in bankruptcy proceedings must be approved by the court based on the type of proceeding.
We charge a $1 retainer in Chapter 13 cases and take the rest of our fee through the Chapter 13 Plan. Our fee becomes part of the one monthly payment you make to the Trustee.
In Chapter 7 cases we will work with you on a payment plan for your attorney fees that will work for your budget. All fees must be approved by the US Bankruptcy Court.
Once we understand what services you will need, the type of bankruptcy we will be filing for you, and the complexity of your case, we will let you know up front what the fees will be.
Should You File Bankruptcy in Myrtle Beach, SC?
Bankruptcy may be the right answer for you if any of the following are true:
- Your debt situation is keeping you up at night.
- Your credit score has taken a dive because you are unable to pay your debts,
- You are unable to make the minimum payments on your credit cards each month,
- You are being harassed by collection agencies and debtors by phone and mail
- You are overwhelmed because you are unable to make a plan to get out of debt,
- Debt consolidation options have not worked for you, or
- Late fees and penalties are steadily increasing the amount of debt that you owe.
How Bankruptcy Cases Work and Types of Bankruptcy Cases
Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 is the simplest and quickest way to get relief from credit cards, payday loans, finance companies and medical debt while protecting important assets like your home, your car, your retirement and personal property up to certain value limits. There is no repayment plan.
- You have to maintain payments on cars and furniture you may be buying to keep those.
- You have to qualify for Chapter 7. Your income cannot be above certain limits in a 7.
- You do not need to create a plan for repayment in Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Chapter 7 cases take less time than Chapter 13 cases, allowing you to get back on your feet and begin rebuilding your credit sooner.
- Chapter 7 cases cost less to file. You can get relief from most personal debt, including credit card debt, medical bills, unsecured personal loans, foreclosures, repossessions, and other personal debt.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy:
- In a Chapter 13 you reorganize how you are paying secured debts like cars or mortgage arrearages. Unsecured debt like credit cards and medical debt may often be paid a fraction of the debt owed.
- A Chapter 13 reorganization plan comes up with one monthly payment you will make to the Trustee assigned to your case. The Trustee will then make payments to the creditors (people you owe),
- Chapter 13 requires you to come up with a payment plan, including renegotiation of some debts, that allows you to pay off your debts over a three to five year period.
- Your debt will be consolidated into a single payment that 1) you pay to the bankruptcy trustee and 2) the trustee distributes to your creditors.
- Depending on your income and assets, Chapter 13 may be the only option if you do not qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
The Most Common Question We Get Asked Is…
How Can Bankruptcy Help Me?
- Get a second chance with a financial fresh start,
- Have your previous debt discharged permanently, stop foreclosures on your home or repossessions of your vehicle,
- Consolidate payments for distribution to your creditor (Chapter 13),
- End the constant harassment by creditors and collection agencies, and
- Begin rebuilding your credit.
3 Steps to see if we can help:
1. Schedule appointment 2. Discuss your situation 3. Decide to work together